Monday, February 6, 2012

Only In my dreams...A POEM WRITTEN BY Richaunda Curry

Is it possible that he knows?
I wonder.
And ponder.
Yet I'm still left without an answer.
His face.
Full of expression.
Expresses no definitive revelation of my feelings.
So it's killing me softly.
Every day I die in his presence.
Small parts of me melt beneath his smile.
My eyes have yet to see a man so beautiful.
His sophistication excites me.
I'm hungry for his knowledge.
Starving myself.
His intelligence my sustenance.
A woman so strong.
So weak when he is near.
Words turn to mumble.
Hands left to fumble.
Oh Doctor please.
Diagnose this affliction.
Something tells me he can sense it.
And perhaps.
By chance.
He too suffers from this oppression.
At least then.
If he does.
I wouldn't be left feeling...
Alone.
If only in my dreams.


9 comments:

CollegeGurl Curry said...

I wrote this poem this morning in my final class...daydreaming...I hope you guys enjoy the poem...for some I hope you can relate. If you were me, what would you do?

Nicole said...

Hey... i <3 your poem. Great Job!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it you did a GREAT JOB!!

CollegeGurl Curry said...

Thanks you guys.

Stephanie said...

I love this poem!!!! Great Job!

nikki said...

Wow! great writing. That could be a song too. Love it!

CollegeGurl Curry said...

Thanks! I never thought about it being a song, but now that you mention it, I guess it can :)

242Twin said...

Nice poem really enoy reading it.

CollegeGurl Curry said...

Thanks. I appreciate the compliments.